The Viking Difference
Destination focused. Culturally enriching. Carefully curated. Discover what makes us the world’s leading small ship cruise line.
- The Thinking Person’s Cruise
Created for curious, experienced travelers.
Before You Go
Looking for inspiration and insight before you depart on your Viking voyage? Consult our online filmography, a comprehensive list of movies sure to complement your travel experience. Reading recommendations, cultural profiles and videos help you delve more deeply into your destinations—all produced to provide insight into the different cultures and places you will encounter on your journey.
Every detail on board a Viking ship is designed to enrich and enhance your travel experience, helping you fully immerse yourself in the rich cultures you are visiting. From our thoughtfully curated Library and the insights of our guest lecturers to regional cuisine and vintages from your destinations, Viking helps you connect to your destination in every possible way.
The Viking Way® of exploration takes you deeper, offering behind-the-scenes insights and opportunities. While we include the expected and iconic, such as visits to renowned museums and notable landmarks, we also work hard to offer Local Life, Working World and optional Privileged Access® experiences in places otherwise difficult to visit.
- Destination-Focused Dining
Regional cuisine, always available classics and the most al fresco dining on Europe’s waterways.
Our main dining venue, the Restaurant offers gracious service, included wine and beer, and streamlined Scandinavian design. The menu includes regional cuisine and always available classics enhanced with locally sourced ingredients, so you can explore new cultures through food.
Revolutionary in concept and design, the Aquavit Terrace offers the most al fresco dining on Europe’s rivers. Get to know new friends over breakfast and lunch as you watch Europe’s picturesque riverscapes unfold before you in this relaxing, inviting space.
A Culinary Experience
Our highly trained chefs are passionate about food and committed to providing an enriching culinary experience. With flavors accented from our onboard herb garden and a wide selection of regional wines, you will find that with Viking, dining is part of the journey.
- The World’s Leading River Cruise Line
More than 20 years ago, our groundbreaking approach to river cruising set the standard, and we continue to lead.
- The Small Ship Experts
Viking takes you closer to your destination with large, expansive windows,
and the ability to dock in the heart of small towns.
- Serene Scandinavian Spaces
Elegant, light-filled ships thoughtfully designed to connect you to your destination.
- Onboard Cultural Enrichment
Cultural enrichment programs to supplement your onshore experience.
- Onshore Experiences
An included excursion in every port, plus The Viking Way® of exploration.
- Viking Inclusive Value
Our cruise fare includes everything you need—and nothing you do not.
VIKING INCLUDE MORE FEATURES & SERVICES THAN OTHERS:
- One complimentary shore excursion in every port of call
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Visits to UNESCO Sites
- Enrichment lectures & Destination Performances
- Beer, wine & soft drinks with onboard lunch & dinner
- 24-hour specialty coffees, teas & bottled water
- Port taxes & fees
- Ground transfers with Viking Air purchaseYOUR STATEROOM INCLUDES:
YOUR STATEROOM INCLUDES:
- River-view stateroom
- Hotel-style bed with optional twin-bed configuration; luxury linens & pillows
- 40" flat-screen LCD TV with complimentary Movies On Demand
- 110/220 volt outlets & USB ports
- Refrigerator; security safe; hair dryer
- Spacious glass-enclosed shower
- Heated bathroom floor & anti-fog mirror
- Premium Freyja® toiletries; plush robes & slippers
- Stateroom steward & twice-daily housekeeping
What Viking Is Not
We do not try to be all things to all people. Instead, we focus on delivering meaningful experiences to you.