America’s Captivating Pacific Northwest (Summer 2019)
Duration: 9 days
The misty Pacific Northwest extends a warm welcome, with lush landscapes, sweeping coastlines and extraordinary characters awaiting you. Sustainability is at the heart of this unique corner of America, where residents tap into their pioneering roots and actively support high-quality specialties produced in their local communities. Delight in delicious artisanal treats – from donuts to craft beer and wine – relax at grand, luxury hotels and marvel at the easygoing, coastal way of life.
The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Portland (Contemporary) - USA
A luxury hotel in a desirable location, you'll be situated in Downtown Portland, just steps away from Pioneer Square and the Central Business District. The Nines, A Luxury Collection Hotel offers sustainable dining in its unique restaurant, The Urban Farmer, while modern Asian cuisine is on offer atop the grand building for those looking for dinner with a view.
The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Seattle (Historic) - USA
As the city’s grand dame, the Fairmont Olympic traces its roots deep into Seattle history, being one of the original buildings of the University of Washington. Newly renovated and refreshed, the hotel’s coveted location makes for easy access to local attractions. And those who prefer to relax in the hotel’s elegant surrounds can enjoy a classic afternoon tea at The Georgian, or taste some of the city’s best oysters at Shuckers.
Delta Hotels Victoria Queen Pointe Resort
Victoria (Contemporary) - Canada
Tucked away along the waterfront in Downtown Victoria, the Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort offers the perfect escape. Its beautiful harbour views and spacious rooms add to its calming ambiance, while its popular restaurant, Lure, offers a delectable selection of locally sourced cuisine. Its 'hidden' location is deceiving, as the heart of the city is only a water shuttle away.
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Vancouver (Traditional) - Canada
- Portland: Indulge in Portland's Craft Beer scene at a private beer tasting with a Brewmaster.
- Seattle: Learn how to make your own perfect cup of coffee at home during a private Coffee Education Class with Seattle roasters at Caffe Vita.
- Victoria: Join a docent for a private discussion about the First Nations at the Royal BC Museum before it opens to the public for the day, where you'll find out more about the native people's art, history and culture.
- Portland: Journey along the Historic Columbia River Highway up the Columbia River Gorge and witness Crown Point Vista House, and Multnomah Falls.
- Victoria: You'll have access to the masterfully crafted blooming flower displays at the world-famous Butchart Gardens.
- Victoria to Vancouver: Take in Canada's remarkable landscapes from the air, as you embark on a breathtaking seaplane flight from Victoria to Vancouver.
- Vancouver: Gain a unique perspective from high above the ground with a Cliffwalk and Treetops Adventure at the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.
- Portland: Get to know your travelling companions during your delightful Welcome Dinner.
- Seattle: A waterfront Highlight Dinner awaits at Aqua by El Gaucho, where masterfully prepared seafood and chops are paired with dramatic views of Elliott Bay.
- Victoria: Enjoy locally sourced fine dining inspired by land and sea at 10 Acres Kitchen.
- Victoria: Praised by locals for its mouth-watering rustic options, head to Roost Farm Bakery and Vineyard Bistro for delicious, sustainable treats.
- Vancouver: Toast to your travels with a Celebration Dinner at the top-rated Hy's Steakhouse.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch with wine (LW), and 4 Dinners with wine (DW).
INCLUSIVE LUXURY GOLD SERVICES
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.