Canyon Country Adventure
8 Day Guided Tour from Scottsdale to Las Vegas with Globus
Enjoy exclusive savings on Globus 8 Day Canyon Country Adventure. From Scottsdale, travel north to watch the sun set upon the spectacular Grand Canyon. Travel west to Lake Powell to enjoy an afternoon cruise. Enjoy an 4-wheel-drive excursion to the stunning rock formations of Monument Valley. More splendid views await you in Utah's Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks. Venture on to Las Vegas to take in a show or try your luck at the casinos.
Arrive In Scottsdale
Welcome to sunny Scottsdale! At 6 pm, meet your travelling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.
Scottsdale - Sedona - Oak Creek Canyon - Grand Canyon National Park
Depart Scottsdale and travel north through cactus-studded scenery for a orientation tour of Sedona, "Arizona's Scenic Sensation." Then, set out for one of America's most beautiful drives as you journey through Oak Creek Canyon, home to brilliantly hued cliffs and rugged spires of sandstone. Arrive this afternoon at GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. The spectacular beauty of this famous attraction draws more than 5 million visitors a year from around the globe. Enjoy an orientation tour with a visit to Desert View before arriving at your hotel for a 2-night stay. This evening, be sure to watch the spectacular sunset. (B/D)
Grand Canyon National Park
If you missed the sunset, sunrise is just as impressive! After breakfast, you may want to enjoy optional flightseeing over the Grand Canyon-definitely the thrill of a lifetime. Later, set out to explore the Grand Canyon and learn about its geology and how the canyon was carved. Visit Mather Point and you may wish to take the popular Rim Walk. This afternoon, you are free to explore at your own pace. Perhaps venture down part of Bright Angel Trail or take a nature walk with a ranger to learn about the region's native flora and fauna. (B)
Grand Canyon National Park - Monument Valley - Lake Powell
This morning, head to MONUMENT VALLEY NAVAJO TRIBAL PARK, where the weathering action of wind and water has carved the famous sandstone spires and towers that rise hundreds of feet above the valley floor. Enjoy a guide who shares his or her culture and how it is influenced by the area. Explore the area's oddly shaped red-sandstone monoliths, buttes, and mesas-the setting for some of John Ford's most memorable films. On to Lake Powell for a 2-night stay, with free time to relax or maybe stroll along Wahweap Marina. (B)
This morning, explore ANTELOPE SLOT CANYON with a local Navajo guide. Be mesmerised by an amazing fantasy world of stone, created by wind and water. Learn the history of this amazing canyon and be sure to bring your camera for incredible photo opportunities. Later, enjoy time on Lake Powell, where sparkling blue water laps against towering red-rock canyon walls and sandy beaches. The majestic beauty of this vast manmade lake can be appreciated on the afternoon CRUISE. See gigantic Glen Canyon Dam and the "tapestry" walls of Antelope Canyon. (B)
Lake Powell - Bryce Canyon National Park
Depart from the splendid views of Lake Powell and head for Utah's BRYCE CANYON NATIONAL PARK. Drive through the park, with photo stops to capture the magnificent contrasts of bright red, yellow, and pink pillars called "hoodoos." Years of erosion have carved colourful sandstone into thousands of spires, arches, and mazes for an unforgettable sight. (B/D)
Bryce Canyon National Park - Zion National Park - Las Vegas
This morning, we visit ARCHES NATIONAL PARK, home to more than 2,000 natural sandstone arches, including the world-famous Delicate Arch. Be on the lookout for the majestic desert big horn sheep high on the cliff sides. Next, on to magnificent CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK and DEAD HORSE POINT STATE PARK. The remainder of the day is yours to relax at your resort. Perhaps enjoy a relaxing massage, a game of tennis, or a hike along one of the many trails. (B)
The tour ends today with guests departing on individual schedules. (B)
- SEDONA: Orientation tour.
- GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK: Sightseeing.
- MONUMENT VALLEY: 4-wheel-drive excursion with Navajo guide.
- LAKE POWELL: Antelope Slot Canyon; cruise.
- BRYCE CANYON NATIONAL PARK: Sightseeing.
- ZION NATIONAL PARK: Enjoy a local treat from Thunderbird Restaurant; sightseeing.
- LAS VEGAS: Orientation tour; farewell dinner.
- MEALS: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner indicated by breakfast (B), lunch (L), and dinner (D) on the itinerary.
- HOTELS: Includes rooms with private bath or shower, hotel taxes, porterage, tips, and service charges.
- INSIDE VISITS: as shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description, including admission charges where applicable.
- FREE WI-FI: available on your motorcoach and in most hotels.
- 7 Breakfasts
- 3 Dinners
- Hotel Classifications: First Class (F), Superior First Class (SF), National Park Lodge (NP)
- Scottsdale Marriott Scottsdale at McDowell Mountain (SF), Grand Canyon National Park Grand Canyon Lodges (NP), Lake Powell Lake Powell Resort (F), Bryce Canyon National Park Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel (F), Las Vegas Treasure Island (SF)
- Accommodation, itinerary and inclusions subject to change.
- Prices are for land/cruise only. International flights not included.