Emerald Active on the Danube
Our range of outdoor activities suit the more active guest, so if you love to explore during bicycle rides and walking excursions, look out for them on your chosen itinerary.
Running through delightful cities and stunning countryside for 1,780 miles; the Danube offers an amazing selection of excursions close to its banks.
Enjoy a mostly flat 23-mile bike tour through rolling vineyards and quaint towns in the Wachau Valley. On this unique EmeraldACTIVE excursion, look forward to stopping for lunch on the banks of the Danube where you may even see your Star-Ship pass by which will later meet you at the next docking point. The duration of this guided bike tour is approximately four hours which you can look forward to on our Splendours of Europe, Danube Delights and Danube Explorer river cruises.
Hike the Cobbled Streets and Buda Hill in Budapest
With its 1,000-year heritage and web of cobblestoned streets, Budapest’s Castle Hill district is ripe for an immersive guided hike. Take up your walking poles and set forth up through the curious byways of Castle Hill in the company of an experienced local guide, who will provide intriguing insight into the history of the area. At the summit, Buda Castle astounds with its Baroque façade and offers a far-reaching panorama of the city – views which make all that effort truly worthwhile.
2019 Passau > Budapest
- 8 Day Itinerary
- Tour inclusions
YOUR CRUISE INCLUDES
- 7 nights on board an Emerald Waterways Star-Ship
- Airport transfers to and from the ship
- The services of an Emerald Waterways Cruise Director
- Port taxes and charges
- All tipping and gratuities
- Guided Tour of Passau
- Guided Tour of Linz
- Melk Abbey Tour
- Guided Tour of Vienna
- Guided Tour of Budapest
- Traditional Hungarian Folklore Show
- Budapest Evening Cruise
- Guided hike near Passau
- Guided bike tour from Melk to Durnstein
- Guided hike to Durnstein Castle
- Guided bike tour in Vienna
- Guided active walk to Buda Hill
- 20 superb meals including 7 Breakfasts (B), 6 Lunches (L), 7 Dinners (D)
- Captain’s Welcome & Farewell Gala Dinner
- Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on boar