At the place where two continental plates brush up against each other is Iceland, land of fire and ice. Get up close to this unique country on a seven-day exploration of its natural highlights. Make your way through lava tube caves, watch the living Earth in action at some of the island’s volcanoes, relax in incredible hot springs, and keep your eyes peeled for whales off the coast. Find your element in a place of extreme elements.
Valid for March 11, 2018 departure
- Tour the Golden Circle and see the geological wonders here
- Head to Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon and view the icebergs floating by
- Hike in Skaftafell National Park
- Explore the beautiful city of Reykjavík
- Duration: 7 days
- Start/Finish City: Reykjavik to Reykjavik
- TRAVEL STYLE: NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC JOURNEYS
Greater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
Quality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
Some tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12.
Age Requirement: 12+, All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Photo credit: Bryan" class="redactor-linkify-object">https://visualhunt.com/author/765427">Bryan Pocius on VisualHunt.com / CC BY