Explore Northern Peru
Venture off the beaten path to discover ancient vestiges of north Peruvian cultures. Explore fortified cities that were once bustling hubs of early civilizations; peruse museums brimming with archaeological treasures; visit burial tombs used by pre-Inca cultures; and encounter the ruins of Chan Chan, abandoned by the Chimu people in 1470. See a side of Peru that few travellers experience, and gain a greater understanding for the country's ancient past.
9 Days, Lima to Lima
From $3279 CAD Valid on Jun 22, 2019
- Immerse yourself in culture and history of the Chachapoyas
- Hike through the cloud forest to the Gocta waterfall
- Visit vibrant coastal cities rich in cultural history
- Explore a series of tombs built by the pre-Inca Moche culture
- Wander through the adobe brick city of Chan Chan
National Geographic Journeys Exclusives: Chachapoyan Archaeologist Talk, Amazilia Ecological Reserve. Arrival transfer. Kuelap fortress visit (Chachapoyas). Gocta waterfall hike. Royal Tombs of Sipán Museum (Lambayeque). Lord of Sipán Tomb visit. Dama de Cao mummy visit. Trujillo city tour. Chan Chan adobe city visit. Internal flights. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Photo credit: orientalizing on Visual" class="redactor-linkify-object">https://visualhunt.com/re/4d4250">Visual hunt / CC BY-NC-ND