Italy Family Fun
9 days | 7 nights
Enjoy Italy's best kid-friendly activities on a 9-day family vacation. See Venice's highlights, learn to cook in Florence and fight like a gladiator in Rome! Take advantage of this lively Italy travel package. Plus gelato… need we say more?
Even if you're a die-hard history buff, chances are your kids are not. We've put together family-friendly activities and accommodations that are equal parts comfy, fun and practical for a family of four. From kid-centric city tours to top sports museums to the very best amusement parks, we've got you covered.
Location: Venice, Florence, Rome
- Flight to Venice; return from Rome (if flight and hotel package option is chosen)
- Private airport and train station transfers Venice, Florence and Rome
- 7 nights of centrally located accommodation
- 1 dinner
- Porterage to/from train stations (1 suitcase per person)
- High-speed train between Venice and Florence; Florence and Rome (First Class)
- 5 More Moments activities:
- Walking tour in Venice with Grand Canal and Murano Island visit (6 hours)
- Private 30-minute gondola ride in Venice
- Pizza and gelato cooking class in Florence (dinner included; 3.5 hours)
- 2-hour gladiator school class in Rome
- Immersive 3D walking tour of Rome's ancient city (2.5 hours)
- Earn Aeroplan® Miles
The More Moments activities/excursions mentioned in the itinerary are all included in the package, but may be rescheduled to take place on an earlier or later day, depending on availability and operational day.
Day 1 Depart Canada
Fly to Venice.
Day 2 Welcome to Venice: Gondola Ride
Upon arrival, transfer via private water taxi to your apartment and check in.
More Moments Activity
- Gondola Ride: Relax on a private gondola ride.
Day 3 Venice: Sightseeing
Today, discover Venice and the beautiful island of Murano.
More Moments Activity
- Venice Walking Tour & Murano Island: Meet up with your guide and hop on board the vaporetto, a public transportation waterbus.Travel along the Grand Canal and admire the Rialto Bridge. Disembark at St. Mark's square to begin your walking tour. Learn about Venice's fascinating history and wander through beautiful streets and alleys. See St. Mark's Square and Basilica, plus the elegant Doge's Palace. Hop back on the vaporetto to Murano, known worldwide for its lovely handmade glasswork. See glass blowers at work and create your own Venetian souvenir! Return to your hotel via vaporetto.
Day 4 Venice - Florence: Cooking Class (approx. 270 km)
In the morning, take a private water taxi to Santa Lucia Station to board your high-speed train to Florence. Upon arrival, take a private transfer to your apartment and check in. Enjoy free time in Florence, then join a lively family cooking class.
More Moments Activity
- Florence Family Cooking Class: A local chef will teach you how to make two of Italy's greatest specialties: pizza and gelato! Following the class, sit down to sample your results and receive a graduation certificate.
Day 5 Florence: At Leisure
Explore Florence at your own pace or choose the perfect optional activity ($) for your family, like a day trip to Cinque Terre or a countryside Vespa tour.
Day 6 Florence - Rome (approx. 300 km)
This morning, take a private transfer to board a high-speed train to Rome. Upon arrival, take a private transfer to your Rome apartment. Enjoy the rest of the day exploring the Eternal City at your leisure or choose an optional walking tour ($) of Baroque Rome.
Day 7 Rome: Gladiator Class & Sightseeing
Today, become a gladiator! Enjoy a family gladiator school class followed by a 3D tour of Rome's ancient city.
More Moments Activities
- Rome Gladiator Class: Perfect for history-loving families, this 2-hour program introduces you to the fighting techniques once employed by Roman gladiators. Handle historically accurate gladiatorial weapons, take part in combat training sessions and compete in a tournament.
- Immersive 3D Walking Tour: Continue your journey through history with an immersive 3D tour of Rome's ancient city. See the ancient city reconstructed with virtual reality and experience the Rome 2,000 years ago - you won't believe your eyes! The tour was created with the help of expert archaeologists, tour guides, developers and graphic designers for a fully immersive experience.
Day 8 Rome: At Leisure
Head out and explore Rome further. Take one of several optional excursions ($) to explore Rome's art and history, join a pasta and tiramisu-making class or wander Rome's storied streets on a schedule that suits your family.
Day 9 Rome - Return to Canada