Sail Amsterdam Celebration
Wind Surf - 8 days - Edinburgh to Tilbury
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Zeebrugge (Brugge)
Surround yourself in the pageantry and majesty of parading tall-mast sailing ships at Sail Amsterdam, a special event that only occurs once every five years and is the largest nautical event of its kind in the world. This special cruise spends three days in Amsterdam among the splendor of this global event, anchored in the company of legendary sailing ships. You’ll have plenty to see, sample and celebrate along storied waterfronts, but make time to follow the countless canals past tall and tilting timbered shops and flats to verdant old world parks and stately museums housing shadowy masterpieces by Dutch Masters and vibrant, impressionist pieces immortalized by Van Gogh’s bold brushstrokes.
This one-of-a-kind cruise also explores historic ports and hallmark cuisine throughout Scotland, England, and Belgium. Stroll in the footsteps of Roman sentries on Hadrian’s Wall Path, the largest Roman artifact in the world. Discover the ancient engineering secrets of improvised fortifications made from turf, timbers, limestone, and sandstone along the longest line of defense in ancient Western Civilization. Sip and savor the citrus and spice notes in Belgian ales, the sweet richness of local chocolates and the rustic charm of Flemish farmhouses surrounding Ghent and Bruges. Your memorable journey concludes on the River Thames near London, where you should plan on making time for riding double-decker buses, eating fish and chips, and sipping countless malty, fruity caramel-colored iterations of classic English brown ales.
- Get a unique view of the Sail Amsterdam Celebration from Wind Surf for an event that only occurs every five years
- Three overnights in Amsterdam give you time to find some of the world’s great art treasures, the Rijkmuseum, and the unique architecture there
- From Newcastle visit Hadrian’s Wall, a UNESCO site and the frontier of the Roman Empire
- Tantalize your taste buds with Belgian chocolate and beer
- Take an iconic photo of the windmills at Kinderdijk, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Extend your stay in London to discover some of the many historical attractions such at the Tower of London, St. Paul’s Cathedral, and Westminster Abbey