Slovenia, Austria & Italy: Alpine Valleys
Bike tour Austria, Italy, and Slovenia during this alpine adventure, where you’ll reel across three different European cultures and diverse landscapes—each framed by the snow capped Alps.
- Daily Mileage: 7 - 44|
- Biking: 1 - 5 hr|
- Group Size: 20
This tour offers easy terrain throughout the trip and is ideal for beginning cyclists.
Mon, May 4 to Wed, May 13 - 2020
Cycle the Alps across three European cultures as you bike tour Austria, Slovenia, and Italy. This alpine adventure is a splendid feast on the eyes: from river vistas to pristine pasturelands, nature’s beauty envelopes you. Discover villages or borghi—medieval settlements scattered throughout mountainous landscape. Traverse deep wooded slopes and cornfields. Roll along tranquil rivers and emerald lakes, through mountain tunnels and national parks, and into cherished ski towns. Along the way, you’ll taste Italian wines, learn the secrets of Slovenian cuisine, visit a farm, mingle with the locals at a pub, and enjoy our fine selection of accommodations—including one of the most luxurious and innovative hotels in the world.
- Experience three European cultures on a single adventure—and even on a single day.
- Pedal easy cycling routes framed by the snow-capped Julian Alps and the rugged peaks of the Carnic Alps.
- Spin downhill on a paved rail trail through old mountain tunnels opening up on wonderful views.
- Visit the meticulously reconstructed town of Venzone, and view the famous 17th-century mummies in its Chapel of St. Michele.
- Taste the celebrated wines of Italy’s famous Friuli-Venezia Gulia wine region.
- Picture the World Cup skiers who train in this breathtaking region as you stroll the charming resort town of Kranjska Gora.
- Hoist a pint with the locals in the pub of your welcoming hotel in Podkoren.
- Pause at a local farm to sample authentic Slovenian cuisine.
- Circumnavigate Lake Bled, soaking in its extraordinary scenic splendor.
- Witness a Slovenian cooking demonstration, followed by a dinner of traditional local fare.
- Cycle through a scenic paradise of rivers and small emerald lakes set against the Alps in Austria.
- Luxuriate in a Condé Nast Traveler-acclaimed “Hot Hotel” in elegant Velden.
- Enjoy a range of cycling options around beautiful Wörthersee Lake.
Roundtrip international airfare
Transfers to and from international airport
One night in Ljubljana and one night in Salzburg in conveniently located hotels with breakfasts included
6 nights in 4- and 5-star hotels
14 meals: 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
Step-Through (Mixte Hybrid) Comfort Bicycle
Step-Over (Diamond) Comfort Bicycle
Road Bicycle (Aluminum alloy frame)
Electric-Assisted Bicycle (E-bike)
Contact us for the itinerary details and accommodations as well as other biking tours in Europe