Discover Spectacular South Africa With Luxury Gojd
Vacation type: Luxury Gold
Duration: 9 Days
A showcase of beautiful wildernesses, eclectic cultures, warm hospitality and rich heritage, this life-changing journey will take you from cosmopolitan Cape Town into the heart of Big Five territory. Uncover the complex history of South Africa, while luxuriously travelling like the intrepid explorers of yesteryear. Along the way you’ll stay at the most sought-after addresses in the country, meet extraordinary local characters, and taste the Cape’s finest wines and culinary delights. Your journey concludes with a luxurious three-day safari in the Sabi Sands, known for having one of the planet’s highest concentrations of animal species.
- Table Mountain: Enjoy a private VIP ride to the summit of Table Mountain on the famous cable car with 360-degree views of the Mother City. At the top, enjoy a drink and marvel at the African sunset.
- Cape Town: Join Manfred Jacobs, a former warden at the Victor Verster prison where Nelson Mandela spent the last 14 months of his 27-year-long imprisonment, for lunch at the V&A Waterfront and hear fascinating stories about one of history’s most heroic figures.
- Cape Peninsula: Embark on one of the world’s most legendary drives, journeying from the city centre along the Cape Peninsula towards Cape Point.
- Cape Town: Visit the Amy Biehl Foundation, a non-profit organisation in Cape Town, and witness how the lives of vulnerable young people are being transformed through a variety of empowering programmes.
- Robben Island: Journey by ferry to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Robben Island, best known for its prison where Nelson Mandela and many other famous anti-apartheid activists were imprisoned. Join a local expert for an insightful tour of the former maximum security prison, meet an ex-political prisoner who will share personal anecdotes and explore the island on a guided coach tour.
- Kruger National Park: Keep an eye out for the Big Five, as you embark on a three-day safari with regular game-drives in a private, open-air safari vehicle.
- Victoria Falls: See the awe-inspiring Victoria Falls alongside a Local Expert who will share stories about the area’s history and folklore with you. The sheer magnitude of the waterfalls, the largest in the world, will take your breath away.
- Cape Town: Enjoy a dazzling Welcome Dinner, hosted at Camissa Brasserie. Boasting unrivalled views of the harbour and Table Mountain, Cammisa Brasserie offers traditional fine dining inspired by the diverse cuisine brought to South Africa by its early settlers. West Coast mussels, wild rosemary lamb shank and parma-ham-wrapped springbok loin are some of the dishes to look forward to. Taste some of the Cape’s top wines, as you drink a toast to your journey ahead.
- Cape Point: You’re invited to an exquisite picnic lunch served overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, and presented with umbrellas, blankets and baskets. Should the weather turn, look forward to a three-course lunch at the elegant Harbour House in Kalk Bay, bringing you as close as possible to the water.
- Constantia Wine Valley: One of the oldest and grandest wine estate’s in the Cape, Vergelegen boasts lovely gardens and a stunning Cape Dutch manor house. Explore the grounds and enjoy a private wine tasting hosted by the estate’s winemaker in a private cellar.
- Dinning Summary: 8 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Lunch (L), 5 Lunches with Wine (LW) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW).
INCLUSIVE LUXURY GOLD SERVICES
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Relax in comfort on Luxury Gold’s air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Included complimentary, private transfers are available on start and end dates, and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
THE TABLE BAY HOTEL CAPE TOWN
CAPE TOWN (TRADITIONAL) - SOUTH AFRICA
Considered the best address in Cape Town, the Table Bay Hotel was opened in 1997 by former South African president, Nelson Mandela. Since then it’s set the standard for luxury hospitality, offering everything from chic accommodation and fine dining to luxurious spa treatments. Situated in the Victoria & Alfred (V&A) Waterfront, the Table Bay Hotel is metres away from the Atlantic Ocean, trendy shops and some of the best restaurants in the country.
LION SANDS NARINA LODGE
SKUKUZA (RESORT) - SOUTH AFRICA
Situated in the Sabi Sands, which boasts one of the planet’s highest concentrations of animal species, the Lion Sands Lodges offer exquisite treehouse-style rooms, luxury suites with private decks and plunge pools, and an open-air lounge and dining area overlooking the Sabie River.
*Trip prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. Note prices displayed reflect available discounted rates (i.e. Early Payment Discount, Red Hot Deal). All trip information is correct at time of trips going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.